Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Art of Fog, Sunshine, and Cancer

During this morning's commute, I drove through quite a bit of fog. And it was beautiful. The sun was working its best to burn it off, and I could see the pale white disk of the sun beyond the misty, leafless trees. The silhouettes of the trees in the fog was like a gorgeous, dramatic painting. I thanked God for the art. It was truly lovely.

When I arrived at work and finally to my desk after a little catching up with co-workers, I looked out the windows. I was taken aback. The fog was completely gone and the sky was almost entirely blue, save a few clouds on the fringes. While I certainly don't suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder, the blue sky certainly perked me up. It always does. The sunshine and wonderful shades of blue are both at the same time peaceful and energizing. I also thanked God for this art. It was uplifting.

Yesterday, I had an appointment with the surgeon who removed the tumor during my surgery last month. The lab finally came back with a result: neuroendocrine neoplasm. All that means is that it was a growth at the junction of the hormonal and nervous systems. My surgeon said it was very isolated and fully removed, but they still don't know exactly what it is, as neuroendocrine neoplasm is just a very generalized term. Yes, it's was a cancerous growth, which is just cells growing unchecked, but my surgeon is going to have to take my case to the surgical panel for further consult, as my case is extremely unique. They have never seen anything like it. Leave it to me to make it as complicated as possible. On the plus side, I may end up having a disease named after me. How's that for a legacy? ;o)

I'm not fretting. Nor should the people who love and care about me. God has already given me solace and I know I will be fine. I got all of my panic, craziness, and weak faith out of my system when the tumor was initially found. But so much good has come from that freak out, which was truly necessary to get me to a much better place. And I am. It has been almost poetic in how I have gone through this and have become a better person for it. I have been blessed. While I wouldn't call cancer art, I would say that the lessons from it have been beautiful. Thanks be to God.

I indeed have been incredibly blessed, as I have comfort from God that I will be fine. All of my prayers and concerns, however, are still with my family, as several members are still dealing with their own serious medical issues. Your prayers would also be greatly appreciated. Please, God, heal them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community