Thursday, January 14, 2010

God IS With You

Two blogs ago, I discussed the importance of slow, deep breathing. Well, that night, I put it into practice, and was very glad I did.

Through my recent surgery and recovery, I had felt pretty disconnected from God. Not that I wasn't praying and talking to God, but it just wasn't clicking. Part of it was the medication I was on, but part of it was just being generally glum, particularly because of the troubles my family has been facing.

Off the medication and finding my way back to center, I started my focused breathing the other day while I was praying. And then, click. I heard God speaking to me through my conscience so clearly, it gave me chills. God gave me both comfort and advice on things I've been dealing with and thinking about. It wasn't a stern lecture--although I certainly deserve one--it was just kind, helpful, and much welcomed insight and support.

This is just a reminder to all of us, including myself, to slow down and really focus on listening to God through your conscience, because God has a lot to share with you. God is wisdom.



p.s. Haiti still needs your prayers and help. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community