Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Joy of Depression in Springtime

Sorry I've been away so long, friends. My work life has changed drastically recently, and as a result, my regular blog time has diminished greatly. But alas, where there's a will...

And, as both of you know, my two dear readers, I've been struggling with depression. I know I've been dumb, as it's practically sinful to be so glum when I've been blessed so severely, but as I have come to accept, some of my depression is due to actual bio-chemistry, as clinical depression runs in my family. But alas, I'm shaking off the doldrums pretty effectively as of late, and I have to give God thanks.

Spring has become my new favorite season. It used to be Fall, with it's cooler temps, great holidays, coziness, great color scheme, and wonderful family times. But Spring is the season of hope. And hope is everything.

Spring is when life thrives at its most accelerated pace. Spring is when flowers explode the landscape with gorgeous colors. It's when the trees begin to once again green the horizons (Yes, I did just use green as a verb). It's when you start hearing the birds, seeing the squirrels and other native wildlife, and feeling the life-affirming sun on your skin in earnest for the first time in many months. It's when blue skies begin showing up regularly. It's when the ground once again is a willing incubator of life. It is when hope is at its climax, giving one a true feeling that anything is possible.

Dramatic much? I grant you that I am, but regardless, I am thankful to God that hope is eternally present, even when it takes a new season for me to appreciate it. God is unfathomably generous and kind. God is love. Love be with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community