Monday, February 22, 2010

Are You an Optimist or a Pessimist?

On my way to work this morning, I heard a siren. As it came into view, I saw that it was a fire truck, followed my an EMS truck. Something bad was going down, someone was obviously hurt...I began to pray, as I tend to do when I hear sirens.

I pray for the safety and recovery of the affected parties of the emergency, as well as the safety and well being of the emergency response teams. But this morning, when I was dwelling on the injured or possibly dead victims, God stepped in...

Why is it that you just dwell on the potential bad that has happened and not rejoice that help is on the way? It is ALWAYS a blessing to hear sirens, as it means those who do need help will be getting it very soon.

(Good morning, sir, this is your wake up call...)

I wasn't even aware that my thinking in this regard was so pessimistic until God pointed this out to me. I am now going to reflect even more over all of my thinking and actions to examine whether or not they come from a positive and optimistic place or someplace more dreary. My goal is to be full of joy and positivity at all times, so I truly appreciate this insight from God. God is so good and kind and generous! Be well, my friends, and always look towards the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community