Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do You Have Impeccable Integrity?

I do, at times. Although sometimes not. My goal is to live the rest of my many decades (God willing) with impeccable integrity. But you may be asking: what does this even mean?

Impeccable integrity is essentially living without shame. Oh sure, lots of people live without shame nowadays in this rather hedonistic society, but that is not living without shame, that's living with the ability to ignore or suppress shame or being arrogant enough not to bother caring about one's wrongdoings. There is a BIG difference.

I'm not here to cast stones, as my house is most certainly made of single-pane glass, I'm just here to try to get people to reflect a bit about their honor (myself definitely included).

Sure, most of the time, I am a good guy. I keep my word, try to be kind and generous to all, and never try to harm others intentionally. But does that mean I have impeccable integrity? Hardly. I have lots of shame, most of which surrounds being wasteful (especially with my time). Shame is what God has implanted in each of us to keep us in line with God's will. Shame is your conscience's way of letting you know you're off track with God.

I will be most definitely working on my issues and will get back to having impeccable integrity. The best way to get there is to stay focused on God and reflect on whether or not God would be happy with one's activities. But to bring a more tangible visualization to the table, just think that there are cameras every single place you go and that everything you say and do is being televised to your family, friends, and all of humanity. If you don't have shame at that point, then your integrity is most definitely impeccable. God, please give us all the strength to lead perfectly honorable lives. Remember: only with God is this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community