Monday, December 7, 2009

The Brilliance of Confucius

The other day, I blogged about how a certain quote from Socrates really helped give me insight into some issues with a certain person that I was forced to deal with over the weekend. Well, I was sitting there, fretting and feeling quite overwhelmed by the evil and wrongs that were spitefully done to me, when I came across a quote from Confucius, which I could have easily interpreted as a direct text from God, as applicable and important as it was to see at that very moment:


To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.


Wow. How wonderfully profound and uplifting! So the best approach I have now, in the wake of such evil, is to simply forget all of it as fully and quickly as possible. With a little practice and time, this will get easier and easier. Soon, this person and all of this person's damage (and great drama) will be just a distant memory. All my thanks go to God, for sharing with me this beautiful wisdom. And to Confucius, of course. He wasn't too shabby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community