Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Caught Red-Handed, Figuratively Speaking: God

As you all know, my life has been a whirling eddy of disruption and misery as of late. But now, as the dust settles, it has become crystal clear to me that it all had significant purpose and reason; God most definitely needed to shake me to the core to wake me up to a lot of changes that needed to occur in my life.

Of course, during all of this trauma, I wasn't able to step out of my situation to remember that precious metals must be put through the fire in order to be purified. While I realize I'm no precious metal, God definitely has bigger plans for me. My faith has been tested--severely--and I'm so happy to say my faith is growing even stronger for having gone through my recent pain and suffering. God may work in mysterious ways, but it doesn't take a forensic scientist to lift God's fingerprints off of what has been going on.

I'm onto you, God. And thanks for not giving up on me, even when I did. Your patience, mercy, and love are completely overwhelming. In a good way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community