Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Wisdom of Socrates

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -- Socrates


I've come across this quote from Socrates in several places over the last few days, but I wasn't quite piecing together what God was trying to tell me. Until today.

I now realize that God was bracing me for today, in which I found that this saying holds especially true in regards to people. It is truly impossible to know certain people; I used to think I knew someone, yet I was sadly mistaken. The selfish and irrational behaviors of others are sometimes beyond reason, and apparently accountability (although God leaves no evil unpunished, that is for certain). And accepting this of a person aids me in understanding them completely. Although the road to recover from their damage will be long and arduous, I will be a better person for having learned this lesson. And that is a very good thing. Stay focused on God (a positive reminder for us all).

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community