Monday, December 14, 2009

Penitential Offerings

Life has been a bit of a struggle lately, but things have improved enough to allow more time for reflection. Granted, even the worst events that have occurred to me personally pale in comparison to the tragic and horrible situations many others must deal with on a regular basis. I have been incredibly blessed.

What I've come to do, even with the small, disruptive or annoying things that happen to us all daily, is simply to not dwell on how I feel about it, but rather accept it as it is and offer my discomfort to God as penance for past sins. And I thank God for the opportunity to make amends, even if it's in a minute way, for the wrongs of my past. Even if I don't receive heavenly credit, per se, at the very least I reflect on my wrongs, re-enforce my change of ways, and strive to be even a better person. So it is certainly not in vain.

This approach just helps me give a positive spin to negative things that happen. It helps me, so perhaps you might find this approach useful as well. Life is hard, but it all boils down to your attitude. If it is good and positive, then you will always find hope, and peace. God be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community