Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mini-miracles

This morning, only by the grace of God, I woke up being able to hear. Not completely, but enough to be aware that God was in action. I am by no means deaf, but I do have 90% hearing loss in one of my ears due to childhood trauma, which for all practical purposes, means I cannot hear just about anything from my left ear. I have spent just about my entire life not being able to hear when people bend my bad ear for a whisper, I miss some parts of conversations (which I usually cover with a smile and a nod because it gets very tedious fast having to often ask people to repeat what they said), and I don't experience stereo.

For some reason, every few years or so, my bad ear adjusts or corrects itself, although my eardrum is almost completely missing, so it can only physically do so much. It corrects so that I do get some hearing out of it. That event in my ear, whatever it is, happened this morning.

Granted, it's usually a minor improvement and usually only lasts up to a couple of days, but it allows me to hear more fully, and I actually get to experience what stereo is, even if it is just higher frequency sounds. The point is, when it happens, it's exciting and fun. For a brief time, I get a unique blessing from God.

Nowadays, I am much more observant and focused on God and the details of life, so when it happened this morning, I SAVORED it. I relished it. I enjoyed the heck out of it. I made noises just so I could hear them. My ear is still working, and only God knows how long this blessing will stay, but even if it disappears presently, I will have connected with God over this mini-miracle. God brought me joy, and it was most good.

The point of my sharing this is to encourage you to really focus on how God blesses you with small blessings, or mini-miracles. Don't stress or fret or rue when something good fades away or leaves, focus on the memory of how wonderful it was to have it in the first place and the great joy it brought you while it was in your life. And, of course, focus on how good and generous God is that God blessed you with it in the first place, even if only for a short while. I love God. :)


Have a mini-miracle to share? Comment below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community