Monday, August 24, 2009

Not Feeling an Abundance of Positivity? Strive for Neutral.

I spent a VERY long day at a theme park, let's just say it rhymes with Shmisneyland. Late during this fun-filled, action-packed 15 hour day, I found it quite difficult to muster much joy or positivity. I was hot and tired and sore in MANY different ways and in MANY different places. It was crowded, and a lot of the people there, including some of the staff, just didn't seem to be well-mannered. In the olden days, I would have let loose and spewed grumpiness and negativity all over whomever I was with. Today, however, I turned to God...

Well, I was a little too wrapped up in all the things and pains I was dealing with, so God's advice to me at the time was to just zip it. I may not have lots of smiles or kind words to share with others, but the very least I could do in the rough state I was in was to just keep my mouth shut and not to make it worse. Spewing negativity would have just made who I was with grumpy, mad at me, and lessen the fun times. No need for that. God reminded me of the old saying that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Sage advice, indeed. And I'm thankful for it, because after a rest, some food, and a nice cold drink, my mood improved and I was able to earnestly smile and be a beacon of positivity again. Even simple lessons, with the correct timing, can be life changing. Allow yourself these kinds of opportunities. God is good.

Comments? Feel free, below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community