Sunday, October 25, 2009

Focus on the Seasons

Another blog about focus? Yep, it's that important. But this time I'm going to just share with you my recent focus and appreciation of the seasons.

I was standing in my back yard this morning looking around at the vivid blue sky and the trees of different varieties. I was focused on nature and my surroundings. I could see how wet the ground still was from rain we received last week. The water is not evaporating because the sun's energy just isn't heating up the ground enough for that to happen. The sun itself felt weaker than it did in the recent Summer months. I noticed the difference. I noticed how much lower in the sky the sun is. I noticed different trees lose their leaves in different patterns. I noticed my roses stay alive longer in the Autumn than they did in the hot Summer months. I noticed some plants thrive in the mild temperatures of this time of year and are just now starting to bloom.

For me, experiencing the seasons is one of the best things about being alive. Each season has a different feel, different weather and temperatures, different possible activities, different holidays and get-togethers, different look, and different options for growth. The seasons are wonderful. The fact that our planet experiences the seasons as it does is one of the things I use to re-affirm my knowledge that God is real. Seasonality is just a beautifully nuanced gift from God. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community