Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Joy of Silliness


I like Disneyland. A lot. And the reason that I like it so much is that it actually strives to be the "happiest place on Earth" by being clean, friendly, and full of wonder and whimsy. Disneyland fully understands how much joy there is in silliness. And how much is there exactly?
.
Limitless. When you find joy in the silly, goofy, nonsensical things in life, you embrace the part of you that can be tickled, the part of you that lets go and emotionally actually feels intense glee, the part of you connected directly to God. God loves all that is good and positive, including humor, jokes, riddles, funny dances, etc. God adores silliness, most definitely.
.
So I try to be silly often. Sometimes it falls flat, but there is no harm in trying to spread some happiness around. Sure, silliness can seem dumb or immature, but dang if it isn't joyful. I don't mind comments like "childish" or "dorky" or "lame-o," in fact, I embrace these monikers. It means someone gets what I'm trying to do, anyways. Right?
.
You may have your reservations about breaking out into a silly song and dance in a board meeting, but let go and just make some effort to be silly when you can. Silliness brings joy, to you, to others, and brightens your spirit. Give it a whirl.
.
.
I found a joke for you:
.
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it, "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened the box, and sure enough... (Brian Kiley)
.
.
Have a joke or something silly to share? Please post here:
.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter is 20 months old and a font of joy and silliness. Lately she loves hats, so much so that anything is a hat...toys, bowls, bags, her bathing suit, her mama'a underwear...

    She is truly a blessing and gift from God.

    ReplyDelete

God's Community