Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Snap of God's Proverbial Fingers

Every time my focus strays in making good choices and I disconnect from God, God is always there to snap me back into line. Although I haven't been disconnected from God lately, I certainly wasn't putting my all into feeling the closeness. Which is why God gave me a sign. A sign that said not to worry. A sign that said trust that God will see to it that good things happen. A sign that said God is still with me and loves me plenty. A sign that said to stay on track, as God has a plan. The sign: the solution to my electrical problem.

This morning, I set out to see if I could fix the electrical issue we have been having in the house the last few months before I had to break down and call a professional. After finding which jumper in the fuse box went to the rooms that were having the electrical problem, I took it off to find it burnt out a little, like it had malfunctioned and sparked or something. I'm not an electrician, obviously. The funny thing is that directly above the one I took off, which was at the very bottom and most easily accessible, was a jumper that the electrician I hired last Fall had labeled "Spare." When I saw that before, I just thought for some reason that it meant spare bedroom. But then I noticed it didn't have any wires attached to it; it was a spare, a spare jumper. Could it be that easy? I thought about that for a minute. Could it really be that easy? I thought about it and accepted that, yes, it could be. I plugged in the wire from the bad jumper I had removed, turned back on the power, and shazam, we have steady and non-flickering power. Success!

When I started reflecting on how easy the solution to this long-standing problem was, how it was literally the easiest--and cheapest--solution there possibly was for the problem, I knew God was trying to tell me something. And as soon as I re-focused on trying to listen to God, I was back in communication with God. It was the snap back to attention that I needed.

I share with you: if you are looking for a sign from God, just open your heart and increase your focus. When you are truly open to God, you will see signs, the signs you need, all around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community