Thursday, October 29, 2009

Prayers for Others

There was wonderful news from the medical consult my bff had today: he's going to be fine! I am thrilled, although I kinda knew he would be.

I speak to God often, and sometimes God responds quite clearly. I had been praying and deeply concerned (aka worried) for my friend's worst case scenarios. Each time I would get into deep fret, even in tears, God would snap me back to attention: he's going to be fine. The message was clear. But I would fall back into fretting and carrying on in concern for my friend when I would let myself slip into doubt that what God shared with me was true. Worry is essentially weakness of faith. No not ever doubt the power of prayer, or in God.

When we pray for others, God listens acutely. God loves the attention and concern for others. And those prayers for others, God takes them on as God's own positive affirmations. Prayers out of love and concern for others are deeply embraced by God. And although our wishes may not fit into the grand scheme, God loves the intent nonetheless.

Be sure to thank God when the outcome you prayed for happens. God may have been directly responsible, but even if not, what does it hurt? Thanking God only re-enforces your trust in God, as well as strengthens your relationship with God.

My friend is going to be fine, thanks to the prayers of all who love him. And all thanks to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community