Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Adventure of a Lifetime

Sounds exciting, huh? What adventure could this blogger have planned or is pondering? No one knows...it's provocative. Could it be a trip to the wild jungles of Brazil? Could it be a search for buried treasure in the Caribbean? Could it be a trip to China to explore an ancient and fascinating culture? Could it be a drunken plunder of the Emerald Isle? What could it be?

The answer: Friday. I'm going to wake up in the morning, God willing, and I will boldly face the mysterious, wild, dynamic, and joyous opportunity of Friday. Who knows what fun times will be had? Who knows what special moments will be shared? Who knows what silly joke is going to keep me giggling to myself all afternoon? Who know what delicious food I will enjoy? Who knows how many hugs I will give? So many unknowns, it tickles and spins the mind.

I love Fridays. But not any more than any other day. I seriously value Mondays or Tuesdays as much as Saturdays or Sundays. Each day provides great things to look forward to. Each day allows me opportunity to learn, grow, and develop myself. Each day allows me to feel and express joy and appreciation for all of the wonderful gifts God has put in my life. Each day allows me to connect with others, especially loved ones. Each day is a blessing. Each day has truly unlimited potential for wonderfulness. How exciting is that!

My friendly advice to you is to strive to live as fully as possible and understand that each day is very much the adventure of a lifetime. Embrace the thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community