Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Not One Second Longer!

I have two friends at work who have suffered serious medical problems over as many days. Both are dear to me and I have worked with both of them for quite a few years. We know each other quite well and were in essence, good friends. The kind of work friends who really get along, communicate well, and really care about one another. They are dear to me.

The problem is that I've lagged in keeping in touch with them once they were relocated to a different floor of the building. It started out well; we would visit back and forth and e-mail pretty regularly just to chit chat. And then we visited and e-mailed each other less regularly...and less...until eventually it could be two or three months without any communication at all. Not good.

So when I found out about their medical problems, I was deeply distressed and obviously concerned for their health. I didn't stop caring for them or loving them, so instantly I began to pray. I started to pray for their instant recovery. I begged and began to bargin for miracles for them both when it hit me: God is going to do what is in God's plan. If God is going to allow nature to decline and for them to die, there has to be a reason. All things have purpose, and there would be a reason, however muddled or unknowable that purpose is. So when I realized that, I simply prayed for God to grant them strength, comfort, and alleviation from pain. Good and positive things for them.

Shortly after I prayed for them, God reminded me of my lapse in keeping close with people I truly and really care about and to not allow for this to happen any more. I am going to keep in much better touch with my beloved people because of this reminder from God. If they really had died, I would have the burden of guilt of not staying in touch with them better as well as the regret of not being able to tell them how much I love them. Do NOT let this happen with even ONE person in your life that you care about. Tell them how much they mean to you. Hug them, kiss them (if appropriate), and gush over them! Love them, and show it! And really, do not wait one second longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community