Sunday, September 20, 2009

Embrace the Delusion

When I am really feeling my connection with God, when I feel an abundance of joy and really focused on God's will for me, I see God in everything. I see God in other people and the things they say. I see God in nature, clearly and fully how God is a real part of every single thing in this world. I see God in the media, in movies, and in music. I will hear a song I've heard a hundred times, and suddenly hear the lyrics through a positive and spiritual filter and find words of hope, love, and inspiration. I see God everywhere; the signs are plentiful.

My dear sister has struggles with depression. She was praying outside the other night, and asked God for a sign. She was open to one, and God provided one. Straight ahead in the sky where she was looking at that moment, she saw a shooting star. Was it an actual sign from God, or what it just a coincidence? My answer:

It was definitely a sign from God (but I'm a shade biased). Does it really matter though? My sister's faith had been waning and she asked for and received a sign. My sister saw it as a re-affirming sign from God, which deepened her connection with God. Even if it was technically a coincidence, finding it a sign from God does only good, so why not just embrace it?

Yes, I see God in everything, and yes, when I feel the messages speak directly to me (which they often do), I take them as signs that I am really connecting with God and on the right path. Do I accept that they could all be coincidental? Sure, but embracing the delusion is so much better for me.

Try to look for God speaking to you at all times through all things. You will find personal and unique signs just for you. I ask myself in each moment, what is God trying to tell me by showing me this? What positive thing can I glean from it?

God is everywhere. Embrace the truth of it. And embrace the delusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community