Friday, September 4, 2009

Approaching Bliss

I had a spectacular evening today. After I got home from work, I began to mow the lawn straight away. While doing so, I had time to reflect, pray, and connect with God. God told me to focus, and I did. I focused on what I was doing and it went smoothly and perfectly. I focused on the beautiful sky with its wispy clouds. I focused on the cooling summer evening and wonderful breeze that soothes the soul. I focused on the gorgeous different shades of green of the trees, plants, and lawn. I fully noticed the popping colors of the flowers and bushes. I noticed the sweet smell of cut lawn, along with lovely smells of flowers and growing things. I noticed the textures of the grass, trees, dirt, cement...everything was beautiful and wonderful and perfect and put there by God. I was overwhelmed with God honoring me so with so many wonderful blessings.

God is joy, and love, and generosity, and appreciation, and focus and when you practice these, you grow closer and closer to God. Pay attention to everything and embrace your life! Trust me, you'll be extremely glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community