Sunday, November 8, 2009

Do You Do More Than Wait for Death?

It is unfortunate, and rather frustrating, that I have to continue asking myself the above question.  The follow-up question is also important: what are you doing today that will make tomorrow different, especially in areas in which you are displeased?  I must also remind myself that I can't complain about certain things if I never get off my booty to do anything to affect their changes.

So today's message is a short, but important, reminder for you to ask yourself if you are using each day to build on the accomplishments of the previous in order to facilitate the desired changes in your life, or are you just waiting to die?  It's good to ask this of yourself so bluntly, as it brings a starkness and immediacy to your inaction.  I know it does for me, as it reminds me that I only have a limited amount of time to accomplish anything--and everything.  That's enough to get me back to living.  Live well, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community