Saturday, November 28, 2009

Everything Happens for a Reason, Revisited

When things tend to be random, seemingly meaningless, or are going down-right terribly, I have a bad habit to get self-involved and have doubts that God has a plan. I know it's based on my selfish opinion of how I want things to go, but nevertheless, I get wrapped up in my self too much to step out and accept that even the mundane has a purpose. But it does. Everything actually happens for a reason, and today was a great affirmation of that fact.

I took my brother to the emergency room to get a doctor's note so that he could return to work, after having broken his clavicle seven weeks ago. While there, the doctor found my brother's blood pressure to be critically high. So high, in fact, that my brother's life could be at risk if he left it untreated. Well, what a convenient bit of luck, then, that it happened to be discovered. The overall odds of my brother having gone to get his blood pressure checked and treated was next to none, as he lacks insurance, and would never have gone to see the doctor had he not been injured.

But praise God for the wonderful blessing of my brother's broken clavicle (which is already healed). He is now on medication to get his blood pressure in line and is earnestly going to try to stop the habits that caused it. When a turn of events happens in such a way that a bad accident turns into a blessing...well, I can only thank God and be reminded from this that everything truly does happen for a reason. God is marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community