Saturday, November 14, 2009

Focus = Observation + Wisdom

I enjoy thinking. I especially enjoy when I find even clearer ways to understand things. I was reflecting on focus the other day. I talk about it all the time and know how critically important it is to finding anything, including God, success, and happiness. But in thinking about focus, I realized that perfect focus is a marriage of observation and wisdom.

Any creature on Earth with eyes can observe. Observation is just the input of information. Colors, textures, temperatures, movement, etc...observation is the full record of input from all the senses at any one moment in time.

In order to achieve focus, however, one must bring clarity to what is being observed. One can only do this by fully exploring all meanings, implications, and possibilities, which are based in one's education--formal or not--and experience. Focus is fully observing all that is possible to observe, and then knowing what best to do with your observations, with aid of God's guidance via your conscience.

And that is what focus is all about, Charlie Brown. (Christmas is a-comin'!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community