Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The More Things Change...

I have spent a good portion of my adult life trying to noodle out the old saying, "The more things change, the more they stay the same." I could not wrap my mind around it because it just seemed like an obvious oxymoron. But today, I received the insight necessary to understand its meaning:

Change is the natural order of the universe.

God created our universe via the Big Bang with momentum, obviously. That momentum is what makes collisions so that variations in all things could occur. Along with the four forces, which include gravity, those variations maintain momentum. All things are either perpetually evolving and changing or becoming extinct. The universe doesn't seem too fond of equilibrium or maintaining a status quo.

God created the universe with the full intention that it constant changes and evolves. Either things will grow into bigger and better things, or they will be rendered useless and die off. (Which is a good and useful inspirational message in itself.)

I used to get so uptight about things changing and the loss of physical items. But nowadays I don't fret none. I don't stress so much over the things now I understand are actually insignificant in the grand scheme. (You really don't take it with you.) And I don't worry about changing, about getting old, about events that will change my life, as these are the natural order of things. I no longer frustratingly tolerate change, I now accept it fully and even embrace it with an eagerness of possibility. God has blessed us with a wonderful adventure. Embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community