Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wake up call

There are things that happen in one's life that force immediate change of ways, and my recent health scare was that for me.

As altruistic and positive as I make myself out to be, I am still just a human, with the ability to make bad choices, do dumb things, ride an emotional roller coaster, and be selfish. And lazy, don't forget lazy.

Which brings me to my wake up call: I have abruptly realized that it actually is important to pay attention to one's body (your most intimate gift from God) and take the best care of it as possible. Needless to say for anyone who knows me, I have room for improvement in this area. I plan to stick around for at least 100 more years, so I have to be sure to take care of the vessel that will let that happen.

Living is a wonderful blessing, so I want to be sure we are all around for a long time, especially you. By the way, I'm not kidding. If you read this, that means you vow to take care of your body with proper nutrition, stretching and exercise, regular check-ups, and rest. Ha ha, now you have to, no take backs. You'll be glad you did, anyways. Take good care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community