Saturday, November 7, 2009

Practice the Three Expressions of Joy

One of my sisters wisely pointed out to me the other day that the three expressions of joy are singing, dancing, and laughing, and that it is a shame people don't do more of the first two.  People really tend to shy away from singing and dancing for fear of what others may think.  And I agree, it is a shame.

I have a customer at work who our unit has aptly nicknamed "Dancing Man," because before and after--and sometimes during--our interactions with him, he dances.  He's not crazy, he has an mp3 player, but he just lets loose and goes with the music.  Whenever I see him come into the office, I get a smile on my face.  Dancing Man brings joy.  And although he get looks or comments from people from time to time, he still embraces his self-expression, which is pretty cool and very admirable. 

I have a special appreciation for dance, as it is the most demanding of the three expressions of joy.  I began watching So You Think You Can Dance last season, and if you don't already watch it, you must.  It is art.  If I could have figured out how to show this on my blog, I would have, but this was one of my favorite routines from last season:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJGmSUN0wMo.  It's awesome.

So live life as fully as you can, and express your joy!  Laugh, sing and dance as much as you can, as you only have so much time left to do so.  Embracing joy means embracing God.  Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Community